Saturday, March 15, 2008

Welcome

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Memphis RPCV blog - our attempt to get the word out, recruit new RPCVs in the Mid-South and post activities & pictures. The Memphis RPCV Association was founded by Annette Mertens (Chile) & Leigh Espy around 1998. Many thanks to both of them for their hard work and dedication to keep things going! We'd like to congratulate Annette on her upcoming marriage & move, but we will sure miss her here in Memphis.

Organization of the group was handed over to Hal Lovett (Belize), with Laura Marzahl (Bulgaria) helping out. If you want to reach either one of us, just post a comment and we'll get the email.

We're both looking forward to growing the group and getting together more often. If you would like to host a party or have any ideas for group projects/activities, just let us know. See you soon~ Laura & Hal

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site! I love the new design.

Ceasersworld said...

Cool site!

Unknown said...

I am an RPCV (Burkina Faso) from Texas, living in northern MS and looking for a nearby group. Let me know if your group is still active!

Memphis RPCV said...

Yes, Becky! We're still active! I was unable to email you directly through your Blogger profile, so if you get this, please email me at lmarzahl@hotmail.com. We'll add you to the invite list next time we get together.

Hal Lovett said...

Laura Marzhal is now President of the Memphis Returned Peace Corps Volunteer group. Please concact her @ lmarzahl@hotmail.com for any suggestions or comments. Hal Lovett

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a recent RPCV (Botswana 07-09) and trying to adjust to Memphis life. Please let me know if you all get together. Thanks, Courtney

menospeka said...

I am hosting a Party for PC birthday on Friday the 4th spread the word. juanma21@att.net